Fasting to be observed on 14th & 15th JULY 2012
The Ekādhaśī that occurs during the light fortnight of the month of Āṣāḍha (June-July) is the Kaamika Ekadhasi.
Sriman Narayana himself told,
- “One who fasts on Kaamikā Ekādhaśī attains much more merit than one who studies all the spiritual literatures.”
- “This Ekādhaśī is the purest of all days and the most powerful for removing sins of the native.”
- “Anyone who fasts on this particular day and remains awake throughout the night will never experience the anger of Yamadharmarāja. “
- “Whoever observes Kaamikā Ekādhaśī will not have to suffer future births, and in the past many yogīs who fasted on this day went to the spiritual world.”
- “One who fasts on Kaamika Ekadhasi are far greater than those one who takes a sacred bath in the Ganges at Kāśī (Vārāṇasī), in the forest of Naimiśāraṇya, or at Puśkara, where I am worshipped and achieves greater merit than one who has darśana of Lord Kedāranātha in the Himālayas, or one who bathes at Kurukṣetra during a solar eclipse, or one who donates the whole Earth in charity, including its forests and oceans, or one who bathes in the River Gaṇḍakī or the River Godāvari on a full moon (purnima) day that falls on a Monday when Leo and Jupiter are conjoined.”
- “Even Cithragupta, Yamarāja’s secretary, cannot calculate the merit obtained by one who offers Śrīmati Tulasi-devi a perpetually burning ghee lamp on this Ekadhasi.”
- Whoever offers a ghee or sesame oil lamp to Śrī Vishnu on this day is freed from all his sins and enters the abode of Sūrya, the sun-deity, with a body as bright as ten million lamps.
- Observing Kāmikā Ekādhaśī bestows the same merit as donating a milk-cow and her auspicious calf, along with their feed. On this all auspicious day, whosoever worships Lord Viṣṇu, is glorified by all the devas, Gandharvas, Pannagas, and Nāgas.
- Those who are afraid of their past sins and completely immersed in sinful material life should at least observe this best of Ekādhaśīs according to their ability and thus attain liberation.
- Just by hearing the glories of the Kaamikā Ekādhaśī bestows merit equal to that obtained by one who performs a horse sacrifice.
One should worship Śrī Vishnu with tulasī leaves on this Ekadhasi and will be freed from all implication of sin. Indeed, he lives untouched by sin. Whosoever offers Lord Śrī Vishnu a single leaf from the tulasī tree attains as much merit as one who gives away in charity two hundred grams of gold and eight hundred grams of silver. A single thulasi pleases Sri Vishnu more than pearls, rubies, topaz, diamonds, lapis lazuli, sapphires, gomedā stones, cat’s eye gems, coral, etc.
One who offers Sri Vishnu newly grown mañjarīs from the tulasī plant gets rid of all the sins he has committed during this or any other lifetime. Indeed, mere darśana of tulasī on Kaamikā Ekādhaśī removes all sins, and merely touching her and praying to her removes all kinds of disease. One who waters tulasī devi need never fear Yamarāja. One who plants or transplants tulasī on this days will eventually reside with Śrī Vishnu in His own abode.
All the forefathers of one who offers a bright ghee lamp to Śrī Vishnu on this day ascend to the heavenly planets and drink the celestial nectar there. This sacred day nullifies even the sin of killing a brāhmaṇa or the sin of killing an unborn child in the womb, and it promotes one to the spiritual world by making one supremely meritorious. Whoever hears these glories of the Kaamikā Ekādaśī with faith becomes free of all sins and returns home, back to Viṣṇu-loka.
- One should NOT think beforehand that one can kill a Brāhmaṇa or other innocent folk and then go unpunished simply by hearing of this Ekādhaśī. Such knowing commission of sin is an abomination.
- Pushkara, which is the only place on the planet where Sri Vishnu is formally worshipped.
- This Ekādhaśī is so powerful that if one who is unable to fast simply follows the practices as mentioned herein, s/he is elevated to the heavenly planets, along with all their forefathers.